BeamHost - A Seamless BeamMP Server Hosting Solution

Assets question

D

dirtstyle

Rookie member
Apr 12, 2022
Ahoy! New to trying to make assets for BNG and was wondering what the best practice was for making smooth concrete ramps, similar to the ones in Car Jump Arena? I've tried the bend tool, I've tried importing .svg files from illustrator, etc. Just wondering what the most effective way to make them in Blender would be. Any help would rock. as I haven't been too successful because of the smoothing, for whatever reason. Thanks either way! \m/

2FastRacing

2FastRacing

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 12, 2021
Ahoy! New to trying to make assets for BNG and was wondering what the best practice was for making smooth concrete ramps, similar to the ones in Car Jump Arena? I've tried the bend tool, I've tried importing .svg files from illustrator, etc. Just wondering what the most effective way to make them in Blender would be. Any help would rock. as I haven't been too successful because of the smoothing, for whatever reason. Thanks either way! \m/
Hey, the best way I can suggest is to make the ramp in blender and import the object into your project. Another easier yet cheaper way is to use the mesh road editor, make a ramp with the mesh road, then use the terrain "align with mesh" up/down on your mesh road. Then you can remove your mesh road and you now have a terrain ramp that you can paint with a concrete texture and smooth if needed.

Hope this helps :)

D

dirtstyle

Rookie member
Apr 12, 2022
Hey, the best way I can suggest is to make the ramp in blender and import the object into your project. Another easier yet cheaper way is to use the mesh road editor, make a ramp with the mesh road, then use the terrain "align with mesh" up/down on your mesh road. Then you can remove your mesh road and you now have a terrain ramp that you can paint with a concrete texture and smooth if needed.

Hope this helps :)
That's interesting. I didn't think about that. Thanks :)