BeamHost - A Seamless BeamMP Server Hosting Solution

what happened to the 2020 moonawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP67

MP67

Feb 13, 2021
i saw a link on my phone for the 2020 moonhawk mod but improved, and when i came home, i had disappeared. what happened to it, and who has a link?

2FastRacing

2FastRacing

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 12, 2021
i saw a link on my phone for the 2020 moonhawk mod but improved, and when i came home, i had disappeared. what happened to it, and who has a link?
It was not approved due to having conflicts with parts that we're used with other user's assets without permission first.

2FastRacing

2FastRacing

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 12, 2021
the mod got deleted due to the use of rr transmissions (rr fucking hates me lmfao), and meo engines (drag stuff).
i deleted it myself but it got taken down the second time i tried to re-upload it
I cannot recall you trying a second time, but if you have fixed the conflicting issues please feel free to try again.

Reactions: santiagox58
Fordster

Fordster

Revolution Racecraft
Staff member
Premium
Feb 12, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
the mod got deleted due to the use of rr transmissions (rr fucking hates me lmfao), and meo engines (drag stuff).
i deleted it myself but it got taken down the second time i tried to re-upload it
I don't think anyone here hates you. I cannot speak for the creators of the transmission mods (Foxbody/Adam), but if you ask I bet they wouldn't mind. Same with Meo.

I think the best resolution is to upload the car as a base with vanilla/your own engines and transmissions. Then, we get your car added to our Transmission Pack (since it's ours), and the Addon to Meo's Funny Car Engine and Meo's 454 (since I have permission). You will of course get credit and there will be links to download your mod on each of the download pages.

Let's think of it this way. If someone downloads any of the three mods mentioned above once we add your car in, they will have a broken tile in their vehicle selector if they haven't downloaded your mod. The idea is they will want to download you mod since the broken tiles get ugly, and can then use it as another drag car on MP servers and such.

If there are issues with publishing the car itself such as content ownership (exluding RR or Meos parts), then I cannot speak on that. I was purely responding to your comment regarding RR and Meos.

CineCrasher

CineCrasher

Mar 22, 2021
Dallas Fort Worth, Texas
In my short amount of testing, I would like to let you know there are some missing material issues and no engine audio. Also, try using shade smooth on the body in blender. (y)
Missing materials can usually be fixed by clearing cache, and I have no idea about the engine audio. I do agree, since the mod is quite dated, it does have it's issues. The model is already shaded smooth, but I may try other methods to smooth it out.

oofmaster47

oofmaster47

Rookie member
Mar 3, 2021
engine noise way too quiet, model is kinda low poly around the fenders, and there is no backfire flame.
still really good tho

YIGO

YIGO

Rookie member
Apr 7, 2021
I downloaded the mod recently and I have cleared my cache multiple times and the textures are still not fixed. I love this mod but I cant fix the textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.